For at little bit of extra credit, students in all classes are encouraged to attend Drama Lab productions that relate in some way to American History, Society and Culture. Drama Lab productions that qualify for Bonus Points will be announced in class. The assignment can be completed once for each eligible production. Members of the Cast and Crew can also complete this assignment (just let Mrs. Moreau or Ms. Evans know to put your name on the list of attendees).
For all classes do BOTH of the following for each production that is eligible:
- Before the show:
- Print YOUR NAME on the back of your ticket.
- Print the name of each teacher that is offering extra credit for attendance and the class period you have them on the back of your ticket.
- Doing the above steps gets your name on the official list of attendees prepared by Mrs. Moreau, Ms. Evans, and Drama Lab. Your name must appear on this list (and you must complete the second part below as well) to earn extra credit.
- After the show:
- Prepare a brief write up that includes the following:
- The name of the show you saw
- Identify something from the show that relates to American History (an example can include a famous person or event that is referenced during the show)
- Provide a brief explanation of what you referenced above and how it relates to your field of study (this only needs to be a few sentences).
- Print out your write-up and turn it in to Mrs. DeLay by the deadlines below
Turn it in the write-up no later than December 1st for Fall semester credit.
Turn it in no later than June 1st for Spring Semester credit.
For completing this assignment, you will receive 5 points of bonus credit added to your "Quizzes" category on Aeries. Points will be added at the very end of each semester.
**REMEMBER** YOU MUST DO BOTH PARTS TO RECEIVE THE FULL 5 POINTS FOR EACH SHOW!!!
Biology students can visit museums, aquariums or zoos, or science centers. Some will count for both subjects.
Biology: consider the Natural History Museum, California Science Center, Discovery Science Center, Griffith Observatory, Los Angeles Zoo, Santa Ana Zoo, Aquarium of the Pacific, Redondo Beach Sea Lab, Cabrillo Marine Museum or even the Madrona Marsh Interpretive Center.