BMHS Athletic Hall of Fame Criteria
1. Nominees may be former athletes, coaches, teams, members of the athletic staff, or supporters of Bishop Montgomery High School.
2. Any athlete who has graduated from Bishop Montgomery High School and met the eligibility requirements of his/her time is eligible for consideration, provided that ten years (10) have passed since his/her graduation. A team is eligible for nomination ten years (10) after the completion of its season of sport.
- Athlete candidates shall have competed with a high standard of sportsmanship and positive spirit and, with their own efforts and achievements, oriented to the success of their team. A similar standard of ethics shall have characterized the years following their time at Bishop Montgomery.
- Nominated teams should be those which brought honor to Bishop Montgomery by performing at a high level or exceeding expectations, always demonstrating a distinguished degree of team play and sportsmanship.
3. Former, or current, coaches who have had outstanding success in their sports, athletic department members who have had a lengthy period of distinguished service to the school, and particularly dedicated, longtime supporters of athletic programs shall be eligible for consideration.
- Coaches considered for induction shall have been attentive to the continual athletic improvement and personal development of each team member. The same ethical and life standards expected of his or her athletes shall also characterize the life of the coach.
4. Exceptional supporters of Bishop Montgomery athletics, including athletic staff members who are nominated, shall have provided opportunity and encouragement to teams or the athletic department as a whole. As with candidates who were athletes or coaches, their service and dedication shall have advanced the maturation of BMHS athletes and programs.
5. As a guide to selecting outstanding athletes and teams, the following criteria should be considered to be of great importance. (The list is not presented in order of importance.)
a) Bishop Montgomery Athlete of the Year
b) Bishop Montgomery Sportsperson of the Year
c) Scholar-Athlete of the Year
d) All-American selection
e) CIF State Player of the Year
f) CIF Southern Section Player of the Year
g) All-State selection
h) All-CIF selection
i) All-League selection
j) All-South Bay selection
k) State Champion
l) CIF Champion
m) Record setter or holder
n) Participation or recognition at the national level
o) Distinguished post-high school career
p) Winner of special awards given by teammates or coaches
Nominees not selected will remain eligible for a period of three years.
The Selection Committee will have the flexibility to recognize outstanding individuals whose qualifications are not on the above list.
Questions? e-mail email@example.com