The Young Alumni for Bishop Montgomery program is a place where graduates 15 years out of school and younger can find interesting and engaging ways to stay connected to Bishop Montgomery and learn about the value of giving back to BMHS.
Volunteers choose from the following ways to participate and are rewarded with awesome prizes:
- Personally reach out to your classmates about giving to Bishop Montgomery by sharing our Annual Fund information, emails, and social media posts or by crafting your own emails, texts, social media posts, and calls.
- Lend your name to the cause by authoring a solicitation email that Bishop Montgomery's Advancement Office can send to a large group (like your own class) on your behalf.
- Come back to campus to be a guest speaker; speak to a class about your career; speak to the current student-athletes on a team that you played for at Bishop; speak to campus ministry or a club. We want our students to see that what you do is also something for which they can strive.
- Other – Share your own ideas for increasing philanthropic support of Bishop Montgomery.
Young alumni philanthropy at Bishop Montgomery is not about big dollar amounts. Rather, it’s about increasing the number of alumni donors from the classes of 2008-2022.
- Giving back feels great!
- Your gift - of any amount - helps our current students. Did you know that 39% of BMHS students receive some tuition assistance? That percentage has remained constant over the years. That means you, or some of your classmates most likely received tuition assistance in order to be a Knight.
- Consistent giving by alumni (at any level) immediately following graduation increases the likelihood that they will become major donors later in life.
- Alumni giving participation inspires major donors, corporations, and foundations to increase their own support because they want to invest in a successful institution that others believe in. Foundations often ask us what percentage of alumni make a gift to the school.
Hear from some of our Young Alumni for Bishop Montgomery donors:
You can make a difference! By making a gift, of any amount, you are changing the lives of Knights everywhere — past, present, and future. Our young alumni are one of the reasons why Bishop Montgomery has been named by the Daily Breeze Reader's Choice Awards as Best Private High School FOUR years in a row.
Ways to Make Your Gift (cash/check, Venmo, credit/debit)
Mail check - payable to Bishop Montgomery - to:
5430 Torrance Blvd.
Torrance, CA 90503
Text bmhs to 202.858.1233 or click here.
Fill out the form below and use a credit or debit card.