Wednesday, October 31 is Halloween and all students are encouraged to dress up for the occasion. Please remember to follow the Halloween Dress Code guidelines.
The following items are prohibited:
- masks or face painting
- spaghetti straps, tank tops, strapless, or halter tops
- heels, sandals, or open toed shoes
- clown attire
- political costumes
- mock weapons
Also, please adhere to the following:
- Nothing bloody, sinister, or gory
- Shorts, skirts, or dresses may bot be more than 4 inches above the knee
- Nothing baggy or excessively tight
- Must be wearing a shirt.
- No cross-dressing
- Not a free dress day (or dressing as a public school student)
- Attire must be appropriate for a Catholic school
- If not adhering to the Halloween dress code, must be in normal BMHS uniform or students can wear jeans with a black, orange, or Halloween-themed shirt.
- Handmade costumes are encouraged
Questions about a costume may be brought to the deans for approval.
Students not adhering to the dress code, or not in normal BMHS protocol, will be sent home with a referral, and marked absent for that school day.
This is a privilege for our student body and faculty to wear costumes. This is our opportunity as one community to demonstrate that we truly are “Socially responsible individuals who show self-discipline that is reflected in positive social behavior” (ISO's).