Prom 2018 Dress Code
Please adhere to the following dress code for prom. Please do not assume any liberties with these guidelines when you or an invited guest purchase dress attire for the event. All BMHS and non-BMHS guests are required to conform to these guidelines. Anyone not adhering to these guidelines will be asked to leave and will not be permitted to enter the dance. If you are asked to leave, bid money will not be refunded, and you may leave yourself open to disciplinary action from the Deans. BMHS reserves the right to refuse admittance to any person not properly attired.
- A tuxedo or suit is required.
- Ties are required unless dress shirts with a mandarin collar are worn.
- Dress shoes are required.
- Please no earrings, sunglasses, hats, gloves, or canes.
- Two pairs of earrings may be worn in the lower lobe. Sunglasses are not permitted.
- The length of the dress should be in accordance with the stated uniform dress code guidelines for skirts and shorts as stated on page 33 of the BMHS Student Handbook.
- Dress must be solid material throughout. Dresses may not show a bare midriff or contain cutouts, which expose the torso (front or back).
- Fitted dresses may not be excessively tight. Dresses should be comfortable for dancing and sitting.
- Neither backless nor strapless dresses are permitted. The back of the dress may not fall below mid-back.
- Ladies are reminded that the display of excessive cleavage is inappropriate and unbecoming.
Just a reminder that the hotel requires that shoes remain on at all times while on the premises. Student attire should be appropriate, modest, and in good taste. Freshmen, as well as guests over the age of twenty (20) are not allowed to attend prom.
A printable version of the above guidelines is available below.