Assisting families with tuition costs allows Bishop Montgomery to support its mission “to provide quality Catholic education primarily to college bound students of varied academic abilities from the South Bay area.”
Bishop Montgomery offers families two options for financial aid-- the Catholic Education Foundation (CEF) Tuition Award and/or direct financial assistance from Bishop Montgomery.
Bishop Montgomery provides financial assistance to its students through generous scholarship and endowment programs established by alumni, parents and community members. BMHS scholarships are primarily need-based and are awarded to deserving students in the areas of academics, leadership and character.
All forms of assistance require families to reapply each year.
All applicants must provide proof of income (e.g., tax documents).
CEF Tuition Award:
CEF Awards are provided by the Catholic Education Foundation through the Archdiocese of Los Angeles. These awards are given to families who meet criteria at or below the federal guidelines for poverty, and would otherwise be unable to afford a Catholic education for their student(s). A majority of families who receive this assistance are awarded $2,000 per year.
• Incoming 9th graders who currently have a CEF award (in their 8th grade year), should apply for 2017-18 school year through their elementary schools. Please check with your elementary school for the CEF renewal deadline. Most school's CEF application deadlines are in December.
• Incoming 9th graders who do not currently have a CEF award, but may possibly qualify for a CEF award (under CEF financial guidelines) should apply directly to Bishop Montgomery by TBA. Download the CEF application form below.
• Current BMHS 9th, 10th, and 11th grade students who currently receive a CEF award, or may possibly qualify for a CEF award (under CEF financial guidelines) for the 2017-18 school year, should apply directly to Bishop Montgomery by TBA. Download the CEF application form below.
CEF AWARD NOTIFICATION LETTERS ARE MAILED EACH MARCH.
CEF FORMS & APPLICATIONS BELOW (IN ENGLISH & SPANISH)
All CEF application forms will be posted as soon as made available by CEF.
For more information about CEF, visit their website at www.cefdn.org.
The school seeks to assist as many families who are challenged to meet the financial requirements of private school tuition as possible. Because each family’s situation is unique, the amount of financial aid is awarded on an individual basis and by the number of applicants and funds available. THE DEADLINE FOR FIRST-ROUND CONSIDERATION IS JANUARY 4, 2017. Applications received after the deadline will be considered if tuition assistance awards remain available.
All families seeking tuition assistance from BMHS must submit an application through FAST. Please click on the FAST logo above or here to access the FAST application.
BMHS ASSISTANCE AWARD NOTIFICATION:
- 9th Grade Awards: March 3, 2017 (with acceptance letters)
- Current BMHS students: TBA
For more information about tuition assistance at Bishop Montgomery for the 2017-18, please click on the TUITION ASSISTANCE FAQs link (at right).